IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Therapy
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) describes the use of intense pulses of non-coherent light distributed over a range of wavelengths. This enables effective treatment of a broad spectrum of conditions, including vascular and pigmented lesions, and skin photoaging treatments.
How Does IPL Therapy Work?
Broad spectrum pulsed light is transmitted through a continuously cooled applicator, gently placed over the skin.The light penetrates the tissue and is absorbed by either the relevant chromophores and damages them (blood chromophores when treating vascular lesions and melanin chromophores when treating pigmented lesions). The body’s natural processes then clear the lesion debris, giving the skin a more even and youthful appearance.
Benefits of IPL Therapy
- Tighten pores
- Reduce the severity of acne
- Reduce the appearance of or eliminate sun spots and freckles
- Lessen hyperpigmentation
- Treat skin flushing and skin redness.
- Reduce the appearance of scars (acne, chickenpox, etc.)
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reverse sun damage
- Treat vascular lesions (broken capillaries, blood vessels, telangiectasia, rosacea)
- Improve facial contour
- Tighten skin
Boost collagen and elastin production
Vascular and Vein Therapy
Leg veins, spider veins and other visible benign vascular lesions are common aesthetic conditions. Lasers and other light based technologies enable effective treatment of leg veins and vascular lesions by inducing vessel collapse through coagulation with minimal damage to adjacent structures.
Benefits of Vascular and Vein Therapy
- Non-invasive treatment for leg veins, facial veins, broken capillaries and rosacea
- Tailored to address your specific concern, from thicker varicose veins to fine capillaries
- Noticeable results with no downtime